Tuesday 4 December 2012

BORN TO DELIVER


The fact that I was born, means that there was something that needed to be done. This “something” needed to be done by me. No one else can do this “something”. If someone else could, then that person would have been born to do it – and I would have been unnecessary. As it is though, I am here, therefore, I am required. I am important to this generation – and indeed to future generations.

Please let me repeat that... I am important to this generation – and indeed to future generations.

It took a while to discover my purpose. I spent some time going down different paths. Paths that other people [some well-meaning] told me to go down. Some of those paths brought me varying measures of “satisfaction”. Some of those paths got me extremely well paid jobs. Some of those paths got me the respect of peers. None of those paths brought me fulfilment.

Now, I know what I came to do. I am determined to spend all my time getting it done. Knowing why I am here fills me with unbridled excitement. I see now that I am who I am so that I do what I must do. My journey through life – even the flirtations down the wrong paths - has nurtured and prepared me for the delivery of purpose.

My generation will not be allowed to forget me. My generation will tell my story to the next one – just as we carry the stories of great visionaries, leaders and servants of years gone by. Someone will be born in time for the next generation. This person may well be born to build on what I deliver. So deliver, I must and deliver I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment